Select Page

A licensed nurse in Texas whether an RN or an LVN can and may be subjected to a disciplinary proceeding before the Texas Board of Nursing. Whenever an LVN or RN finds herself in such a situation, she will need to find the best nurse attorney in the country. This is important, as it is her only chance to protect her license. Otherwise, the Texas Board of Nursing may find her guilty in the administrative case and order the revocation of her license.

At the time of the initial incident, an LVN was employed as a Licensed Vocational Nursing at a hospital in Pharr, Texas, and had been in that position for two (2) years and one (1) month.

On or about April 12, 2019, while employed as a Licensed Vocational Nurse, the LVN lacked the fitness to practice vocational nursing in that she informed her employer that she was addicted to methamphetamine. The LVN’s condition could have affected her ability to recognize subtle signs, symptoms, or changes in patient’s conditions, and could have affected her ability to make rational, accurate, and appropriate assessments, judgments, and decisions regarding patient care, thereby placing the patients in potential danger.

The LVN admits to the conduct and she stated that it was a way to seek assistance in overcoming her drug habit. She explains she began using in January when a very stressful divorce was finalized, and she felt lost and began experimenting with methamphetamines as a coping mechanism. She states that she began seeking help through her church family and has been drug-free since May.

As a result, the LVN was given disciplinary action by the Board. And also, her lack of an experienced nurse attorney to properly defend her case led to the suspension of her license which also affected her career as an LVN. The LVN was also said to be under probation due to her misconduct.

Do you have questions about the Texas Board of Nursing disciplinary process? Contact The Law Office of Nurse Attorney Yong J. An, for a confidential consultation by calling or texting 24/7 at (832) 428-5679 and ask for attorney Yong.