Select Page

Disciplinary action cases can be handled properly by the right nurse attorney. Even though disciplinary proceedings are not as severe as suspension or revocation, it could still leave a bad record on your RN or LVN license. This is exactly what happened to a certain nurse in Houston when she failed to yield a positive result on her drug screening.

On or about October 21, 2016, the RN engaged in the intemperate use of Fentanyl, which caused her to acquire a positive result for using the said substance. This was made possible due to a random drug screening that occurred in the hospital at Weatherford. Unfortunately, the RN was one of the many who got called to undergo the drug screening procedures.

The result of her actions may cause other patients to suffer from injuries provided by impaired treatment by the nurse who might be influenced by drugs. The use of controlled substances is also strictly prohibited for nurses in Texas due to the Controlled Substances Act. The use of Fentanyl by a nurse may also result in poor communication with the patient, their family members, and the staff at the hospital.

The Texas Board of Nursing decided to contact the RN for an investigation and a hearing for her case. However, she simply admitted her use of the substance when she worked as a nurse in Weatherford. Her admission to her misconduct caused the Board to sentence her RN license for disciplinary action.

Disciplinary actions are required for nurses who have committed wrongful acts to ensure that they will perform better in the future. However, the case would have gotten better if the RN was able to hire a nurse attorney to defend her during the hearing.

If you happen to receive a letter from the Texas Board of Nursing, make sure that you hire a good nurse attorney for the task. Nurse Attorney Yong J. An is experienced in cases such as this since he has helped numerous nurses in their cases for over 14 years already. To contact him for a confidential consultation and for further inquiries, please dial him at (832)-428-5679 to proceed.